On Tuesday 13 December 2005 17:54, Richard W. Knight wrote:
> Kern Sibbald wrote:

> >>Thanks Kern,
> >>
> >>I am running a 2.4.26 kernel, but I don't know about /lib/tls. I don't
> >>have a /lib/tls on my system. How can I tell?
> >
> >Try:
> >
> >  ls -l /lib/tls
> >
> >If it exists, then that could explain why it *appears* that Bacula is not
> >seeing some pthread broadcasts that would allow it to continue. This is a
> > bit of a long shot, but at this point, I need to consider all
> > possibilities ...
> >
> >In the mean time, I'll take a careful look at your config.  Perhaps I have
> >missed something important that I can add to my test cases.  All my tests
> >here succeeded perfectly ...
> >
> >By the way, getting the message that a job is waiting to reserve a drive
> > is not in itself bad. This happens in my test case. However, at some
> > point when the drive is available, the job should continue as it does in
> > my test case.
> >
> >>Also, the .conf files are attached along with the log.
> >>
> >>Thanks again,
> >>RickKnight

Hello Rick,

> Kern,
>
> I just got another job log email. Something I noticed is a clock
> difference between the Director and File daemons. The two lines below
> are from this mornings log (also attached). Could that be causing a
> problem?

No, that cannot be causing the problem.  For some reason the signals that are
sent to wake up the waiting thread are not properly delivered, or there is
something else going on.

Thanks for your files and the log.

I would recommend that you put double quotes arount the "HP SureStore DAT-8"
name *everywhere* it appears in your conf file.

Can you tell me a few more things?

1. Did you finally have to use the "mount command to free up the
Knight-Linux_SMB job? -- if so, I'm impressed because you had to be up at 4am
to do it -- if not, where is the problem?

2. Can you show me the log output of the job that Knight-Linux_SMB was waiting
for?

I was a bit surprised to see the waiting to reserver a device message printed
a number of times, but after looking at the code, it was perfectly OK.

> 12-Dec 19:29 knight-linux-SMB-sd: Job Knight-Linux.2005-12-12_01.05.01
> waiting to reserve a device. 13-Dec 04:33 knight-linux-fd: DIR and FD
> clocks differ by 676 seconds, FD automatically adjusting.
>

> Thanks again,
> Rick Knight

Kern

  (">