Hello all,

I added another client to my diskbased system.
Due to an Antivirus program the incremental backups were nearly as big as
full ones - now the antivirus has been disabled so that is solved.
During testing to find the cause a lot of volumes of incremental type were
generated and now has to be deleted.

I infer from the manual that I can use the delete media bconsole command to
delete the volumes from the database,
and then delete them manually from the disk

Will all job and file records then be deleted also - and the state of the
database kept consistent?
Or is it necessary to prune or purge the volumes first?

I just want to be sure rather than surprised - any clarifications from
experienced people are welcome

regards

Steen

Steen L Meyer - IT Manager -  Ibsen Photonics A/S