Hi,

On 1/19/2006 3:10 PM, Alan Brown wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Arno Lehmann wrote:

Using volumes from more than one pool in one autochanger is not supported with 1.36, and you will probably run into problems sooner or later.

That's not quite right, I have 4 pools loaded in my autochanger and have had for several years.

Hmm. I assume that you never had slots where tapes from different pools were loaded, because that's what will break your jobs. The reason is the way the DIR determins which volumes have their InChanger and Slot information reset.

The problem comes when there are multiple simultaneous backups congigured and there is contention for different pools on the same drive in the autochanger - it causes the second job to abort instead of queueing.

I had no problems with different pools running simultaneously on different drives.

The workaround for pool contention is to disable multiple simultaneous backups, which unfortunately defeats the purpose of having multiple drives, but is better than having backups aborting.

Quite true.

I guess you'll love 1.38.5 ;-)

Arno

AB

--
IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]