Greetings,

I installed version 1.38.5 this week and am thus far impressed! With some tweaking, I have it interfacing w/ an ADIC Scalar 100 (50 slots) housing one LTO-1 and one LTO-2 drive.

I have a few initial questions regarding this solution, and would appreciate any advice:

1. How should I manage the mixture of LTO-1 and LTO-2 tapes in the ADIC with bacula? I set up two pools, one for each media type. I run the "label barcodes" command to use the ADIC's barcode scanner to add the tapes to the database, but this puts all the tapes in one pool. Is the solution to then manually move the LTO-2 tapes to their respective pool? If so, what's the best method in bacula?

2. I would like to use the LTO-2 drive to write to LTO-1 tapes as well, since the LTO-2 tapes are only used once a month. Is is possible to set up a device to handle more than one media type?

3. I also have been reading about running simultaneous jobs (in the same pool) on separate drives, which apparently isn't supported yet -- any word on when this will be available?

Thanks!
Ian