I did something like this which works for me. Of course you should adopt the jobname and email in order to try with copy/paste.

echo "Please insert tape: "`echo 'status dir' | bconsole > tmp1 ; head -n \`grep -n 'Running Jobs:' tmp1 | cut -d: -f1\` tmp1 | grep -o 'YOUR-BACKUP-JOB-NAME.*' | cut -d' ' -f2` | mail -s 'Tape mount request' backup-operator.example.com ; rm tmp1

Unfortunatley i have not enough time for the multiline regexp. Otherwise i would do a small python script...

Guy