Chris,

Your comment:

I always get 'ERR=Access is denied' if I want to backup files which can't be accessed with the user account, the backup service is running with. This should normaly work using the windows backup-API.

I want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. The local service account (bacula) doesn't have permission to the files.

By default, the fd install isn't going to plop itself into the Backup Security Group on a domain controller. Consider adding that user explicitly into the Backup Security Group and test again.

Let everyone know if that works for you,

Erich