On Thursday 23 March 2006 13:59, Martin Simmons wrote:

> > On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, Craig Dupree wrote:
> > > From looking at the Docs, and through the archives I think I can
> > > disable a client's backup by commenting out the Schedule line like
> > > this:
> > >
> > > Job {
> > >        Name = "frodo"
> > >        Type = Backup
> > >        Level = incremental
> > >        Client = frodo
> > >        FileSet = "windows"
> > >        Storage = tape0
> > > #       Schedule = "WeeklyCycle-FRODO"
> > >        Pool = Default
> > >        Messages = Standard
> > > }
> > >
> > > Am I wrong, or perhaps am I supposed to doing something else in
> > > addition to this?
> >
> > If you do this it will pick up the default setting.
> >
> > Create a "Never" schedule and use that.
>
> AFAIK, there is no default schedule, unless you use JobDefs.

No, there is no default schedule, and simply commenting the schedule line out
as shown above should be sufficient to keep the job from running.  If I
remember correctly, in prior versions a schedule was required, thus the need
for a "Never" schedule, but at some point (probably 1.38.0) I removed that
requirement.

In 1.38.6-beta6 you can also use the disable command as I noted in my last
email ...

> __Martin

Kern

  (">