Hello,

Please turn off return-receipts -- you will never get one from me and they are
annoying.

On Thursday 23 March 2006 21:55, Rowdy wrote:
> Dan Langille wrote:
> > On 23 Mar 2006 at 15:41, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> >> Correct. Until I slipped a new command to 1.38.6-beta6 (for my vacation)
> >> :-)
> >
> > That would  be the disable/enable command:
> >
> > $ bconsole -c /usr/local/etc/bconsole.conf
> > Connecting to Director ngaio:9101
> > 1000 OK: ngaio-dir Version: 1.38.6-beta6 (16 March 2006)
> > Enter a period to cancel a command.
>
> <snip>
>
> > disable job=Client1
> > Job "Client1" disabled
> > *st dir
> > ngaio-dir Version: 1.38.6-beta6 (16 March 2006) i386-portbld-
> > freebsd6.1 freebsd 6.1-PRERELEASE
> > Daemon started 22-Mar-06 11:01, 4 Jobs run since started.
> >
> > Scheduled Jobs:
> > Level          Type     Pri  Scheduled          Name
> > Volume
> > =============
> > Full           Backup    11  23-Mar-06 23:10    BackupCatalog
> > TestVolume0003
> > ====
>
> As the disablement (above) is temporary, it would be great if the job
> could still be listed, but perhaps with the Level shown as "Disabled" :)

The job can still be listed -- the only way to list job resources is with
"show jobs" or "show job=xxx".  Clearly it would not be appropriate to list
it in the scheduled jobs section.

> I also found that I had to comment out the Client section for the server
> that was disabled, to prevent lengthy timeouts in the console when
> running a "status all" command if the client machine was powered off.

Yes, the enable/disable that I implemented is only for Jobs.  However, if you
let your imagination work a bit, you can guess that I'll most likely add the
ability to enable/disable other resources in the near future -- such as
Devices, Clients, ...

Kern

  (">
  /\