----- Dan Langille <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> redirected to the users list as it's really not devel related

Thanks Dan that is where i meant to sent the message anyway.

> On 13 Apr 2006 at 15:52, RYAN M. vAN GINNEKEN wrote:
>
> > Hello all i have a fresh install of bacula using mysql database on
> > fedora core 3.  I have the following error message paroused though
> the
> > FAQ's were i found an answer that suggests i should possiably submit
> > bug report.  I have tried this with the default *.conf files and
> also
> > some i modified to try and make things work.  Please help.
> >
> > 13-Apr 15:51 bconsole:  Fatal error: bnet.c:859 Unable to connect
> > Director daemon on shoemasters.com:9101. ERR=Connection refused
>
> Is this when starting up bconsole?

Yes, I think i may have messed up my bconsole file are the first couple of
lines sopposed to look like this.  Think i got a little crazy with vi and ended
up commenting out the second line cause of errors starting bconsole.

#!/bin/sh
# which dirname >/dev/null
# does dirname exit?
if [ $? = 0 ] ; then
  cwd=`dirname $0`
  if [ x$cwd = x. ]; then

> What do you get for: telent shoemasters.com 9101

[EMAIL PROTECTED] bacula]# telnet shoemasters.com 9101
Trying 68.144.188.169...
telnet: connect to address 68.144.188.169: Connection refused

added these to /etc/services

bacula-dir      9101/udp                        # bacula dir
bacula-dir      9101/tcp                        # bacula dir
bacula-fd       9102/udp                        # bacula fd
bacula-fd       9102/tcp                        # bacula fd
bacula-sd       9103/udp                        # bacula sd
bacula-sd       9103/tcp                        # bacula sd

> After the above, what is in /var/log/message?

Nothing

> Do you need something in /etc/host.allow?  Like ALL : ALL : ALLOW for
>
> example.

YOu mean hosts.allow right an no it is empty i will add
ALL : ALL : ALLOW

still refused telnet same as above

> --
> Dan Langille : Software Developer looking for work
> my resume: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php

> language
> webcast
> territory!

Computer King/CaNMail

http://www.computerking.ca     http://www.canmail.org

Sales, Service, and Hosting
Email, Data, and Web Packages
Ask about web design specials

Affiliates
http://www.computerking.ca/pages/links/affiliates/affiliates.htm

Maybe Computer Science should be in the College of Theology. -- R. S. Barton