On 4/27/06, MaxxAtWork <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 4/26/06, pedro moreno <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 4/26/06, Alan Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, pedro moreno wrote:
> >
> > >  Hi People.
> > >
> > >   Ok My HP Surestore Ultrium 230 is dead.
> > >
> > >   HP dosent want to repair because they say is old. Ok they offer me the
> HP
> > > StorageWorks Ultrium 232 because they say is compatible with my old one.
> > >
> > >   Them, some here can recomend me this tape drive or have good
> experienced
> > > with...?

Hello,

I'm also looking for a similar recommendation.
I have tested Bacula for awhile with a small server equipped with a
single DLT7000 tape drive and now it's time to scale the system a
little up.

I was targeting an HP StorageWorks 1/8 Autoloader with either a
Ultrium 232 or the SDLT 320 (I don't need anything bigger).
The backup server will be probably a HP Proliant DL380, running Linux
RedHat Enterprise 3 or 4.

Do you have any experience with a similar system, and do you think
that both tape and autoloader should work ok under Bacula?
I'm also tempted to ask you whether to choose Ultrium or SDLT, but...
for now I restrain from that :-)

Thank you in advance
--
Maxx