[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Dear Gregory & Brauer,

I circumvented this issue in 1.36 using the following technique:
We have an autoloader that has tapes changed every day.
Prior to running the scheduled jobs for the night the first job (with high
priority so it runs first) is an admin job that uses the RunBeforeJob script to execute an 'update slots' command via the bacula
console binary.

Thanks for that tip!  I had thought of something like that,
but I was used to thinking of bconsole as an interactive app
and wasn't sure if you could use it non-interactively.  We
do something very similar right now to eject the last tape
left in the loader every Friday so the tapes can be swapped,
but that is calling mtx which is external.  Good to know I
can run commands internal to Bacula this way as well.

Greg