On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, Kern Sibbald wrote:
>  ... It is now necessary to be a rocket scientist before even
> considering using the GNU C++ compiler :-(

Rocket scientists are notoriously bad programmers so I don't think that
this is some to aspire to.  They crashed a Mars polar-lander because
they couldn't get the units-conversion code right.  An early Mariner
probe completely missed the planet because someone used a ":" instead of
";" which changed the assembly language instruction from direct to
indirect addressing; or something like that.

I think that the phrase "well, it's not rocket-science" should be
replaced with "well, it's not M theory".  To the question, "What's M
theory?" an appropriate response is "Exactly !".

Kel