In your bacula-dir.conf you can do something like this:

Schedule {
        Name="Somethingrelatedtoyourjob"
        Run = Level=Full Pool=Weekly sun at 20:00
        Run = Level=Incremental Pool=Daily mon-fri at 20:00
}

You then have to rotate your Backupfile accordingly.

Hope that matches what you want!

Kind Regards,

Christoff

Hi All,

I am fairly new to Bacula and I am extremely pleased with the results we
are getting, I backup about 9GB of data over the LAN in about 25 minutes
which is extremely close in performace to the previous system we used

(ntbackup) using local drives, but oh so much more reliable, stable, and
all the other good-ables.  ;-)

Here are my only 2 issues:

1st.  I'm backing up data files stored on our main server, which are used

by multiple users most of the time, there really isnt a time when NO files
are in use.  I know that with NTBackup if a file was in use, it didn't get
backed up,  And the log would show which files weren't backed up.  With

bacula I really don't know what happens when a file is in use, does bacula
back it up anyway? and if not, how do I know which files were not backed
up???

2nd issue, As I said I backup around 9GB of data, as of now, I have bacula

setup so it will do a full backup on Sunday night (slowest night of the
week) and a daily Incremental (which is about 1GB) so after a week my
backup file is   about 18GB and growing, whats a good policy to rotate the

backup so it doesnt grow indefinetly??? I'd be happy with a backup that
doesn't gro w over 20GB.  I mean how do I set it up so I'm never without
an uptodate backup, yet I dont waste vast ammounts of disk space.

Thanks in advance for your help and a big thanks to all the developpers,
people in charge of the mailing lists and such, you all do a fantastic
job.

-Jose
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642_______________________________________________