On Tuesday 04 July 2006 17:03, Greg Cope, e-DBA Team wrote:
> Is this something to do with spares files?

Sparse should have nothing to do with hard links. However, it could incur a
good amount of overhead so you should use that option sparsely :-)

> Or am I the only person suffering with this?

I've never seen any problem with hard links other than the 1.38 and older can
sometimes be very slow (in the FD) if you have 10's of thousands of hard
links -- this is fixed in 1.39.x (I think, because I have not personally
tested it).

> Is it a bug?

I doubt it.

Unless I missed something (possible), you haven't provided any evidence that
Bacula is *not* backing up hard links. At least you could list a few hard
links that exist on your system, then show that they are not in the list of
files backed up.  You might also look at the Support page on the web for what
kind of info to supply in a support request.

In addition, your fileset below includes only /var/log and /etc, and I would
not expect to find any hard links (or very few) in those two directories.
There may be lots of soft links, but that is a different story.  Perhaps you
forgot to include /  ?