Hi,

On 7/6/2006 7:52 AM, Anwar wrote:
> Thanks for replying. I've actually tested the mtx-changer script (by
> default at /etc/bacula/mtx-changer) and it works fine. I can list the
> number of slots, load and unload specific slots fine.

Have you tried accessing the tape *immediately* after the load command
returns?

> However I've found
> that even though the documentation mentions you can use 2 parameters,
> somehow the trap does not work. So in essence mtx-changer /dev/sg2
> unload will not work. Instead you have to use mtx-changer /dev/sg2
> unload 1 /dev/nst0 0 where (1 is where the tape was loaded from).

I don't know why this is the case - here it always worked with two
parameters only - but it's quite a while that I used an unmodified
version of mtx-changer, so this might have changed.

> I've even checked by issuing the correct mtx commands that the
> mtx-changer script does and that works too. However running the btape
> test (btape -c /etc/bacula-sd.conf /dev/nst0) and then running the
> autochanger command will fail. It just keeps on loading tape 1, reading
> for 10 minutes and then unloading, then reloading, reading ... repeat.
> Each time getting longer. I've even labeled the tape using the console
> label command first to ensure it wasn't an empty tape and its still fails...
>
> If I run it from the console (not btape) then I get the following
> emailed as an error:-
>
> 03-Jul 13:44 FC5-test:  Error: bnet.c:426 Write error sending 55 bytes to
> client:127.0.0.1:36131: ERR=Broken pipe
>
> Don't know why the pipe is breaking... The passwords are all correct. I've
> even checked that there's no firewall in the way (not supposed to matter
> because its localhost).

I don't, too, but that might follow from the underlying problem with
tape access...

> Is there anything else I should be looking at?

Try running the SD with debug output, and watch for the autochanger
operations.

Arno

> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Anwar

IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]