This is what you said Gregory Brauer

> Due to some poor foresight on the part of the implementers of
> the "last" utilities, the lastlog is stored as a sparse file where
> the specified size of the sparse file is based on the highest
> possible user on the system.  On a 64-bit system, that means you
> get a file which is reported by "ls" and seen by Bacula as
> 1254130450140 bytes (1.14 TB) in size.
>

> What would be the best way of dealing with this issue?  It looks like
> all users running Bacula on a 64-bit system will run into this problem
> soon.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Greg

If you search the archives you would find a thread I started on this exact
problem when I first started using Bacula.

There was even a person who attempted to code a utility that would quickly
(un)compress the sparse file.  This way you could exclude the actual
sparse file but backup the compressed file.  The utility never worked for
me.

I never found a "good" solution to the problem.  If I used the sparse
option from bacula the data written was less but the actual time to
perform backup was not reduced.

As my system is not in a production environment, I have chosen to just
skip the lastlog file until a real solution can be delveloped.

Scott