Kern Sibbald wrote:

> What OS are you using?

I forgot to write that, sorry.

At home I run Suse 9.3 at my server, and 10.0 , 10.1 as clients,
and have no problems to build my own binaries or install rpm's that
other share.

The machine at my work is a retired Sun 450 , Solaris8 , since I could
not find a PC there
that could handle the I/O  (it had 12 tape drives once)
And this is the machine that has problem to start sd when the drives are
empty, it will start eventuality, but after very long time,
but that is no problem since I only stop bacula when installing a new
version, and then I make sure all drives are loaded first.

/birre