On Monday 31 July 2006 19:49, Birger Blixt wrote:
> Kern Sibbald wrote:
> >
> > What OS are you using?
> >

> I forgot to write that, sorry.
>
> At home I run Suse 9.3 at my server, and 10.0 , 10.1 as clients,
> and have no problems to build my own binaries or install rpm's that
> other share.

Yes, and in the future it will even be better since SuSE 10.1 is now what I
use for development.

> The machine at my work is a retired Sun 450 , Solaris8 , since I could
> not find a PC there
> that could handle the I/O  (it had 12 tape drives once)
> And this is the machine that has problem to start sd when the drives are
> empty, it will start eventuality, but after very long time,
> but that is no problem since I only stop bacula when installing a new
> version, and then I make sure all drives are loaded first.

OK, if I can, I'll try to take a look at fixing this problem before releasing
1.40.  It is a bit complicated because one needs to test with and without
tapes in the drive -- not the easiest thing to do when you don't have a
Solaris system in front of you as is my case.

Kern