I'm not using RMAN, but I'm doing hot backups on disk
using the old-fashioned, user-managed method.
I do it like this:
1) I use the RunBeforeJob directive to copy Oracle's
datafiles and archived redo logs to another directory;
2) I back the directory;
3) I use the RunAfterJob to delete the archived redo
logs I just backed up.

I intend to study RMAN and see if it's worth to
implement it, but for now user-managed backups are
working flawlessly. I can send you my scripts if
you're interested. Regards,

Georger

--- Mathew Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu:

> Hi,
>   I was wondering if anyone uses Bacula with Oracle
> RMAN (disk-based)
>   backups instead of purchasing Legato, Tivoli or
> Veritas Agent?  If so,
>   could you kindly share your experience.  Thanks.
> --
>   Mathew Brown
>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Novidade no Yahoo! Mail: receba alertas de novas mensagens no seu celular.
Registre seu aparelho agora!
http://br.mobile.yahoo.com/mailalertas/