I don't think this made it to the list yesterday:

Dominic Marks wrote:
> Frank Sweetser wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 11:24:55AM +0100, Dominic Marks wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm getting a lot of these messages when backing up certain
>>> systems.
>>> Can someone clarify exactly what the error is referring to?
>>
>> Sounds like you've got some bad data in your catalog database.  Try
>> using the dbcheck utility to verify this and clean out any duplicate
>> or stale records.
>>

> Thanks Frank,
>
> I'm running dbcheck now. I don't know how long is usual for a dbcheck
> run but
> it has had the cpu at 100% for about 10 hours so far. I opted to run
> all
> the checks
> and its currently checking for orphaned path entries. Our MySQL
> database is
>
> Output so far:
>
> Checking for Filenames with a trailing slash
> Found 0 bad Filename records.
> Checking for Paths without a trailing slash
> Found 1 bad Path records.
> Checking for duplicate Filename entries.
> Found 1 duplicate Filename records.
> Checking for duplicate Path entries.
> Found 0 duplicate Path records.
> Checking for orphaned JobMedia entries.
> Found 0 orphaned JobMedia records.
> Checking for orphaned File entries. This may take some time!
> Found 284456 orphaned File records.
> Checking for orphaned Path entries. This may take some time!
>
> I'll paste the rest of the output when dbcheck finishes.

Anyway, dbcheck did something bad to MySQL over night and it had to be
restarted because Bacula and the MySQL Server both stopped responding.
I'm going to dump and archive the catalogue in its broken state and
then start with a fresh one unless anyone has any great ideas? I'm
open to all suggestions - but obviously I need to get the backup
system back online ASAP.

Thanks,
Dominic