On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 17:37 -0400, John Drescher wrote:
> Niether mount or label work in the release version. This is being
> fixed in the current cvs. To use dvd media with the current release
> version 1.38.11 you must get autolabel to work and that will
> automatically mount dvds during the labeling,
> John

Mount works in 1.38.11 - it is the unmount command that doesn't work!

I don't think that this is the problem - see below.

> On 8/16/06, stefan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > > The appropriate instructions are at
> > > http://www.bacula.org/rel-manual/Basic_Volume_Management.html#SECTION000251
> > >200000000000000
> > >
> > > You need to ensure that the pool definition that you use has LabelFormat
> > > and Volume Use Duration (not sure if the latter is absolutely required).
> > >
> > > You already had LabelMedia = yes in the sd.conf file so no changes
> > > should be needed there.
> > thanks a lot, that helps! :)
> >
> > but now another problem appear:
> > I can not mount the DVD:
> >
> > "*mount
> > Using default Catalog name=MyCatalog DB=bacula
> > The defined Storage resources are:
> >      1: SERVER-DVD
> >      2: DVD
> > Select Storage resource (1-2): 2
> > 3907 Device "DVD-Writer" (/dev/hdc) cannot be mounted. ERR=mount: only root
> > can do that
> >
> > *q"
> >
> > and when I say "run" with and without mount:
> >
> > "*
> > 16-Aug 22:41 server-dir: Start Backup JobId 49,
> > Job=Client1.2006-08-16_22.41.53
> > 16-Aug 22:42 server-sd: Please mount Volume "Vol0003" on Storage
> > Device "DVD-Writer" (/dev/hdc) for Job Client1.2006-08-16_22.41.53
> > *          "
> >
> > I was working as root and tried the user option in fstab, but all the same!
> > I searched and googled but can not find a solution.

Are you really sure that you are working as root?

Do
ps -ef | grep bacula-sd
and see what user it reports.
If you aren't root then a workaround would be to add something like

/dev/hdc        /media/cdrom1   iso9660 ro,user,noauto  0       0

to /etc/fstab

I must admit that to-date I've run as root for DVD stuff. That's
something to think about once we've got the 1.39 DVD stuff working.

Regards

Richard

--
Richard Mortimer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>