Some data from my tests below. I'm working with current CVS (13/Sep)
plus a few patches to make relabel work (I don't think that they will
change behaviour of the second volume stuff).

Note I've sent this data to bacula-devel and will post any follow-ups
there.

Regards

Richard

I've just tried something similar. I ran a backup that needed a
second DVD. Instead of "label" I used "mount" and it just
auto-labelled the device and carried on. That tells me that
support for a second DVD is at least working at some level.

If I try to "label" the second volume I get a slightly different
error. The label appears to work but when SD kicks in to try to
use the newly labelled volume it fails to open the new DVD

shirehall-sd: dvd.c:248 == DVD mount=1
shirehall-sd: dev.c:545 DVD device mounted.
shirehall-sd: dvd.c:881 check_can_write_on_non_blank_dvd: found . (versus
OldelvetDVD0102)
shirehall-sd: dvd.c:881 check_can_write_on_non_blank_dvd: found .. (versus
OldelvetDVD0102)
shirehall-sd: dvd.c:881 check_can_write_on_non_blank_dvd: found
OldelvetDVD0102 (versus OldelvetDVD0102)
shirehall-sd: dvd.c:898 check_can_write_on_non_blank_dvd: size of
/export/bacula-dvd/OldelvetDVD0102 is 210
shirehall-sd: dvd.c:877 check_can_write_on_non_blank_dvd: no more files in
dir /export/bacula-dvd (dev="DVDStorage" (/dev/cdrw))
shirehall-sd: dvd.c:913 OK  can_write_on_non_blank_dvd: got 3 files in the
mount point (matched=0)
shirehall-sd: dvd.c:94 Enter unmount_dvd
shirehall-sd: dvd.c:126 do_mount_dvd: cmd=/bin/umount /export/bacula-dvd
mounted=1
shirehall-sd: dvd.c:137 Run mount prog=/bin/umount /export/bacula-dvd
shirehall-sd: dvd.c:237 Out of mount/umount loop
shirehall-sd: dvd.c:248 == DVD mount=0
shirehall-sd: dev.c:297 preserve=0x0 fd=-1
shirehall-sd: mount.c:168 open_device failed

It then tries to create acquire another volume and marks the freshly
labelled volume as being in error. Looking at the label on the volume
it looks reasonable. I'll take a more detailed look tomorrow.

I certainly don't get the same error as below.

Richard