|
Are you using VSS? Volume Shadow Copy
service is actually designed to make backups of locked files like outlook’s
.pst, so it should work with Enable VSS=Yes option in the FileSet config. From:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jim Peters I searched through the archives and found
instructions on how use a “run before job” script to shut down
outlook so I can backup the pst file. I have a batch file in the bacula
directory on my windows client that I call from the job with this; Client RunBeforeJob=
"c:/bacula/before_back.bat" This file has only one line
right now; Cscript
"c:\bacula\close_outlook.vbs" And here is the contents of
close_outlook.vbs; Dim oOL Set oOL =
CreateObject("Outlook.Application") oOL.Quit If I run the batch file from
the windows client immediately outlook exits and all is fine, but if I run the
job with bacula I see the command window open up on the windows client then a
windows error message appears saying this; Cannot Start Microsoft Office
Outlook. A program Error has occurred please close outlook and windows then try
again. If I shut down outlook at
this point I get a fatal error in the backup and it terminates the job. If I
just wait for about a min. the windows error message goes away and the backup continues
to work except that it cant back up the outlook pst file and this is what I see
in the message on the console; 22-Sep 01:08 gig-fd: ClientRunBeforeJob: 22-Sep 01:08 gig-fd: ClientRunBeforeJob:
C:\WINDOWS\system32>Cscript "c:\bacula\close_outlook.vbs" 22-Sep 01:08 gig-fd: ClientRunBeforeJob:
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6 22-Sep 01:08 gig-fd: ClientRunBeforeJob:
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved. 22-Sep 01:08 gig-fd: ClientRunBeforeJob: 22-Sep 01:10 gig-fd: ClientRunBeforeJob:
c:\bacula\close_outlook.vbs(2, 1) Microsoft _vbscript_ runtime error: ActiveX
component can't create object: 'Outlook.Application' Doesn’t make sense to my pea brain why I can run this
file by clicking on it from windows and all is well yet when the Bacula-dir
executes it I get this problem. It’s the same file executing either
way???? At any rate does anyone have a solution for this? I am
running office 2003, windows xp and winbacula-1.38.9 on the client and bacula
version 1.38.9 on the director Thanks |
------------------------------------------------------------------------- Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn cash http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
_______________________________________________ Bacula-users mailing list [email protected] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-users
