On 5 Oct 2006 at 16:42, James Ray wrote:

> Dan Langille wrote:

> >> Director{} resource from bacula-dir.conf
> >> Director {                            # define myself
> >>   Name = bacula-dir
> >>   DIRport = 9101                # where we listen for UA connections
> >>   QueryFile = "/etc/bacula/query.sql"
> >>   WorkingDirectory = "/var/bacula/working"
> >>   PidDirectory = "/var/bacula/run"
> >>   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 8
> >>   Password = <REMOVED>         # Console password
> >>   Messages = Daemon
> >>   DirAddress = xxx.xxx.x.49
> >> }
> >
> > This tells the FD that only the given DIR may connect.  This does not
> > tell the FD where it should listen.  To tell the FD how to listen,
> > here is what I did:
> >
> > FileDaemon {
> >   Name = ngaio-fd
> >   FDport = 9102
> >   WorkingDirectory = /home/bacula/db
> >   Pid Directory = /var/run
> >   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
> >
> >   FDAddress = 192.168.0.68;
> > }
> >
> > This is an extract from the bacula-fd.conf file.
> >
> > The FDAddress directive tells the FD to listen (and answer) only on
> > that given address.
> >
> > I think you know what to do now...  ;)
> >

> I think you are confused....
> The FD is listening on another machine on the correct IP address, its
> the Director that is talking out of the the 'wrong' (for want of a
> better name) IP address.
>
> The server where the director is running has two interfaces (one
> phyiscal one virtual), of .48 and .49, I want it to talk out of the .49
> IP addresses, however it sends out communications from the .48 IP address.
>
> Does that clear it up? (confusing I know!)

I just tested this with the latest BETA code (for bacula-dir;
bconsole was 1.38.11, but I do not think that will affect these
results).

The bacula-dir config:

Director {                            # define myself
  Name = ngaio-dir
  DIRport = 9101                # where we listen for UA connections
  QueryFile = "/usr/local/share/bacula/query.sql"
  WorkingDirectory = "/home/bacula/db"
  PidDirectory = "/var/run"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 3
  Password = "****"         # Console password
  Messages = Daemon

  DirAddress = 192.168.0.68
}

The bconsole.conf:

Director {
  Name = ngaio-dir
  DIRport = 9101
  Address = 192.168.0.68
#  address = ngaio
  Password = "***"
}

Connecting thusly:

$ bconsole -c ~/bconsole.conf
Connecting to Director 192.168.0.68:9101
1000 OK: ngaio-dir Version: 1.39.24 (02 October 2006)
Enter a period to cancel a command.
*

All comms went via 192.168.0.68

Monitored like this:

sudo tcpdump -ni fxp0 port 9101 | grep -v 10.55.0.68

Any questions?  I'll answer.

I used the beta because it was already installed on this machine.

--
Dan Langille : Software Developer looking for work
my resume: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php