If I understand correctly, your scenario is something like (I'm making
up the IP addresses, so don't read anything into them based on what you
have sent previously):

Machine A - bacula director
Primary IP - x.x.x.10
Bacula IP - x.x.x.11

Machine B - bacula fd
Primary IP - x.x.x.20
WWW IP - x.x.x.21
SMTP IP - x.x.x.22
Bacula IP - x.x.x.23

Machine C - bacula sd
Primary IP - x.x.x.30
Bacula IP - x.x.x.31

And the problem you have is that when the bacula director talks to
machine B and C, the source IP is .10, instead of .11, and when B
contacts the sd on C, the source IP is .30 instead of .31.

It is possible to control this from an application point of view, but
then you restrict yourself a bit. If A was multihomed then you need to
know which interface the connection is going out on, especially if one
interface is NAT-ed (eg because something on the outside probably isn't
going to know what to do with a source address on the inside).

It might be more desirable to control this using routing as someone else
suggested, eg:

On machine A:
ip route add x.x.x.23/32 dev eth0 src x.x.x.11
ip route add x.x.x.31/32 dev eth0 src x.x.x.11

On machine B:
ip route add x.x.x.11/32 dev eth0 src x.x.x.23
ip route add x.x.x.31/32 dev eth0 src x.x.x.23

On machine B:
ip route add x.x.x.11/32 dev eth0 src x.x.x.31
ip route add x.x.x.23/32 dev eth0 src x.x.x.31

Of course if you are using the .11, .23, or .31 addresses for something
else then you would need to do it at an application level afterall.

I haven't tested this exact situation, but I do use the src parameter to
ip regularly

hth

James