Hello, I hope someone on this list can point me in the right direction.
I' having problems getting bacula working on the following system:
Sun Enterprise 250
Solaris 10 U2
Bacula 1.38.11 (blastwave package)
mtx 1.2.18 (blastwave package)
Overland DLT-LXBD
Quantum DLT7000 (Drive ID 0)
Quantum DLT7000 (Drive ID 1)
Autochanger
Here's the problem. I've configured the sgen driver and the changer
shows up as /dev/scsi/changer/c3t6d0. The drives show up as
/dev/scsi/sequential/c3t4d0 and c3t5d0. Mtx sees and controls the
changer just fine. However, when I try to control the tape drives using
the above device files I get "Inappropriate ioctl for device". I tried
using mt on the standard st devices (/dev/rmt/0ubn and /dev/rmt/1ubn)
and they work fine. I'm able to use mt to position the tapes and tar to
read/write to/from the tapes. With that in mind I configured bacula to
use the sgen driver for changer and the st driver for the tapes (see
bacula configs below). Running the bacula commands with the -t option
shows everything is fine but when I try to start it up the bacula-sd
daemon seems to hang. Looking in the logs I get the following messages:
Oct 28 23:37:26 romulus.ckgreenman.net scsi: [ID 107833 kern.warning]
WARNING: /
[EMAIL PROTECTED],4000/[EMAIL PROTECTED],1/[EMAIL PROTECTED],0 (st26):
Oct 28 23:37:26 romulus.ckgreenman.net Error for Command:
rezero/rewind
Error Level: Fatal
Oct 28 23:37:26 romulus.ckgreenman.net scsi: [ID 107833 kern.notice]
Requeste
d Block: 0 Error Block: 0
Oct 28 23:37:26 romulus.ckgreenman.net scsi: [ID 107833 kern.notice]
Vendor:
QUANTUM Serial Number: q_ 1 ?
Oct 28 23:37:26 romulus.ckgreenman.net scsi: [ID 107833 kern.notice]
Sense Ke
y: Not Ready
Oct 28 23:37:26 romulus.ckgreenman.net scsi: [ID 107833 kern.notice]
ASC: 0x3
a (medium not present), ASCQ: 0x0, FRU: 0x0
Also, when I go to shutdown bacula (using SMF) the bacula-sd daemon
doesn't die and I have to kill it manually. Also, When I connect using
bconsole locally it hangs trying to connect but a remote bconsole
connects fine. That is until I try to get a status on the drives and
then it hangs.
Any suggestions?
####### Bacula Configs #######
BACULA-DIR.CONF
Storage {
Name = Drive-1
Address = romulus.ckgreenman.net # N.B. Use a fully
qualified n
ame here
SDPort = 9103
Password = <snip>"
Device = DLT0
Media Type = DLT-7000
}
Storage {
Name = Drive-2
Address = romulus.ckgreenman.net # N.B. Use a fully
qualified n
ame here
SDPort = 9103
Password = "<snip>"
Device = DLT1
Media Type = DLT-7000
}
BACULA-SD.CONF
Autochanger {
Name = Autochanger
Device = Drive-1
Device = Drive-2
Changer Command = "/home/kern/bacula/bin/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
Changer Device = /dev/scsi/changer/c3t6d0
}
Device {
Name = Drive-1
Drive Index = 0
Media Type = DLT-7000
Archive Device = /dev/rmt/0ubn
AutomaticMount = yes; # when device opened, read it
AlwaysOpen = yes;
RemovableMedia = yes;
RandomAccess = no;
AutoChanger = yes
Changer Device = /dev/scsi/changer/c3t6d0
Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
}
Device {
Name = Drive-2 #
Drive Index = 1
Media Type = DLT-7000
Archive Device = /dev/rmt/1ubn
AutomaticMount = yes; # when device opened, read it
AlwaysOpen = yes;
RemovableMedia = yes;
RandomAccess = no;
AutoChanger = yes
Changer Device = /dev/scsi/changer/c3t6d0
Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
}
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Bacula-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-users