> On Nov 6, 2006, at 16:42, Kern Sibbald wrote:
>
>> If any of you have concerns, comments, or questions, please
>> do not hesitate to voice them now, either on the Bacula email
>> lists or directly to me.
>
> I'm somewhat concerned about the FSF's copyright assignment policy
> combined with the GPL license. My willingness to assign copyright to
> code has been contingent on either:
>       1) The code is liberally licensed (BSD license or similar), so that
> I may re-use my work without restriction.
>       2) The code is more restrictively licensed, but I am granted full
> rights to use my work under any license, and in fact, to sub-license
> my work.
>
> Will this be an issue with FSFE?

No, this will not be an issue at all for a number of reasons:

1. The FSFE fiduciary project is very open to any kind of Free
Source licensing. They are not exclusively GPL -- this is explained
in the Fiduciary Policy document I sent in my second email.

2. In their copyright transfer agreement, they explicitly give you
the same rights that I gave you (as best I can see from a quick
reading of it). This is explained in the copyright transfer agreement,
which was included in my first email.

3. Before signing any transfer of my copyright, I will ensure that
the license I have given back to you will not be diluted in any way.
I have already indicated this to them, and I am sure it is no problem.

Bottom line: their interest is to ensure that the code remains free,
not to restrict your rights.

> -landonf

Best regards, Kern