On Tuesday 07 November 2006 21:59, Arno Lehmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 11/7/2006 1:31 PM, Silver Salonen wrote:

> > reload

> Not something I found a problem.

Yes, but don't you see the potential of this becoming a problem some day? :)
Such reloading by sending HUP is implemented in most server-apps.. why not in
Bacula?

> > backups
> > but
> > more than 1 concurrent job.

> >>AFAIK, yes.  I have not heard of any work being done in this area.
>
> Funny. I guess I don't understand the question.
>
> You can set up the SD devices to allow multiple concurrent jobs.
> For tape storage, the number of drives is "fixed enough" in the sense
> that adding more drives doesn't happen often enough to need a dynamic SD
> reconfiguration IMO, so I suppose you're talking about disk file based
> volumes.

Yes I'm using disk based volumes everywhere. How can you set up SD devices
that allow multiple concurrent jobs? I've tried it unsuccessfully in several
ways, but.. I guess I miss something simple there.. We've written about this
in another thread though ;)

> With specific requirements I can think about the need for a storage
> device per client, but I wouldn't want such a configuration monster :-)
> so I prefer to find a solution where I get what I want with a
> fine-grained pool setup, and only one or, possibly, a very limited
> number of storage devices.
> >
> > Doesn't anyone besides me miss this?
>
> Not me, at least.
>
> >Should I submit feature requests for
> > reloading components' configuration
>
> Go ahead - let the voters decide ;-)
>
> > and for adding parameter "maximum concurrent jobs" for devices?
>
> That's implemented now, and has been around as long as I know Bacula. IIRC.
>
> Arno

Where? Device resource doesn't support this - when I set "Maximum Concurrent
Jobs = 10" in Device resource, "/etc/init.d/bacula start" tells me:
 * Starting bacula storage daemon ...
09-Nov 16:52 bacula-sd: ERROR TERMINATION at parse_conf.c:834
Config error: Keyword "MaximumConcurrentJobs" not permitted in this resource.
Perhaps you left the trailing brace off of the previous resource.
            : line 69, col 25 of file /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf
        Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 10

Silver