Hi there,

After last time recomendations to change our drive config under FreeBSD,
doing the usual btape tests all seemed fine and was working, but after a
few days running, volumes are starting to fail with this error:

18-Jan 15:04 rap-sd: Volume "DiarioXALOC-02" previously written, moving
to end of data.
18-Jan 15:04 rap-sd: srvbanyalbufar.2007-01-18_15.00.00 Error: I cannot
write on Volume "DiarioXALOC-02" because:
The number of files mismatch! Volume=5 Catalog=4
18-Jan 15:04 rap-sd: Marking Volume "DiarioXALOC-02" in Error in
Catalog.

The thing is, these volumes may fail after several backups, so it's not
quite deterministic (like, it's missing one EOF or something like that.
Also, my guess is that btape would've caught that problem). The backups
before the ones that fail finished successfully, so it doesn't seem to
be a "Backup Canceled" kind of problem

Hopefully you will spot some error on my configuration:

I've added "/usr/bim/mt -f /dev/nsa0 seteotmodel 1" when the system
starts like suggested.

My drive configuration:

Device {
  Name = Drive-1                      #
  Drive Index = 0
  Media Type = LTO2
  Archive Device = /dev/nsa0
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
  AutoChanger = yes