Miki Lewinger wrote:

> Currently any user (even non-admins) can stop the bacula file server
> service on winnt-2k-xp workstations at will. This is a very unusual
> "unwanted feature". Can it be fixed in later versions ? If not what is
> the rational behind such behavior ?

Using compmgmt.msc you can change the user under which the service runs
from LocalSystem to Administrator. For me this has the side-effect of
making the tray icon disappear, which may help you. I, on the other
hand, would like to know why I have to do this to get ntbackup backup
systemstate to work at all... (See the ClientRunBeforeJob threads.)