On Tuesday 30 January 2007 17:37, Zeratul wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:46:29 +0100, Kern Sibbald wrote
>
> > This is what I would call a bug or more correctly just an oversight.
> > There are probably a good number of such "little" oversights, many
> > of which I corrected in version 2.0.0.
> >
> > I recommend that you submit a bug report with bugs.bacula.org, which
> > will ensure that this item is fixed as soon as possible and will not
> > be lost.
>
> Thank you for the answer. I submited the report.
>
> The following issue can be included in the same category?
>
> I'm creating a restricted console with, let's say, settings Set_A. I'm
> checking from remote console - it's working well. I'm changing the settings
> for the restricted console to Set_B. I'm reloading the directory
> configuration file. I'm checking the restricted console - it still have
> access conform with settings Set_A. I'm restarting the remote console
> (wx-console) - the restricted console has access conform with settings
> Set_B. It's not supposed to have the new policy in place just after
> reloading the directory config file?

Well, that might be logical, but the way reloads work is that they affect any
new jobs.  Any existing jobs (and the console runs as a job) keep their
original parameters.  Doing otherwise could create chaos.  As a consequence,
you have to break the console (wx-console or whatever) connection and
re-establish it to get the new settings.

> Restarting bacula-dir determine the remote console to loose the connection
> with the director, but this is not always an option because any running job
> will die.

Just reload the conf file, then close/reconnect the console.  That doesn't
require the Director to be restarted.