I am posting the relevant portions of each file:

Dir.conf:

Director {                            # define myself
  Name = backup-dir
  Description = Central Backup Server
  DIRport = 9101                # where we listen for
UA connections
  QueryFile = "/etc/bacula/query.sql"
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/bacula"
  PidDirectory = "/var/run/bacula"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 5
  Password = "yes_naya"         # not real
  Messages = Daemon
}

Client {
  Name = backup-fd
  Address = x.x.x.x
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password = "yes_naya"          # password for
FileDaemon
  File Retention = 30 days            # 30 days
  Job Retention =  30 days            # six months
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 5
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired
Jobs/Files
}

FD.conf:

#
# List Directors who are permitted to contact this
File daemon
#
Director {
  Name = backup-dir
  Password = "yes_naya"
}

#
# Restricted Director, used by tray-monitor to get the
#   status of the file daemon
#
Director {
  Name = backup-mon
  Password = "yes_naya"
  Monitor = yes
}

#
# "Global" File daemon configuration specifications
#
FileDaemon {                          # this is me
  Name = backup-fd
  FDport = 9102                  # where we listen for
the director
  WorkingDirectory = /var/bacula
  Pid Directory = /var/run/bacula
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
}

Thanks,

ZK

--- Dan Langille <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 9 Mar 2007 at 8:38, Zakai Kinan wrote:
>
> > --- Dan Langille <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> installed
> > > check_bacula.  Now I am
> > > authenticate to
> not
> > > using a md5-hash in my
> > > md5-hash, but it does not
> > >
> > > Your passwords do not match.
> > >
> > > You need this entry in bacula-dir.conf:
> > >
> > > Client {
> > >   Name           = undef-fd
> > >   Address        = undef.example.org
> > >   Catalog        = MyCatalog
> > >   Password       = "PasswordForUndef"
> > > }
> > >
> > > to match this entry in bacula-fd.conf:
> > >

> > > Director {
> > >   Name = bacula-dir
> > >   Password = "PasswordForUndef"
> > > }
> > >
> > > Where bacula-dir appears at the top of your
> > > bacula-dir.conf file,
> > > like this:
> > >
> > > Director {                            # define
> > > myself
> > >   Name = bacula-dir
> > >
> > > Does that help?
> > >
> > > Don't worry about MD5-hash, but you can do that
> if
> > > you wish.
>
> > It is still not working and I am getting the same
> > error.  Any more ideas?
>
> Then the name/password combination is still not
> correct.
>
> Oh, and remember to restart FD after changing
> bacula-fd.conf, and
> bacula-dir after changing bacula-dir.conf.
>
> I suggest using a simple password, such as
> 'my-password' and trying
> again.
>
> If you make no progress after that, then post
> bacula-dir.conf and
> bacula-fd.conf, remembering that you are showing us
> your passwords.
>
> --
> Dan Langille : Software Developer looking for work
> my resume:
> http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php
> PGCon - The PostgreSQL Conference -
> http://www.pgcon.org/

> Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get
> the chance to share your
> opinions on IT & business topics through brief
> surveys-and earn cash

Looking for earth-friendly autos?
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/