On Mar 19, 2007, at 10:38 AM, Jorj Bauer wrote:

>>>     # bacula-dir -c '|/usr/local/sbin/generate-dir-config'
>>>
>>> ... would cause it to run /usr/local/sbin/generate-dir-config to
>>> generate a new configuration file.
>>

>> Hey, that sounds pretty useful. When you say "globally", I assume you
>> mean that I can just toss a similar line into bacula-dir to generate
>> a subset of the configuration data from a script?
>
> When I said "globally" I meant "for all of the daemons" (fd, dir, sd).
>
> Your idea has merit, but I think it would be a much more substantial
> patch. This patch specifically changes the behavior when starting to
> open a file.
>
> You can certainly replicate the behavior you're suggesting by using
> this
> patch, and having your own script do the parsing-and-modification.

Hmm. Myself, I'd prefer a "include-from-script" directive I could
place in the director. I suppose when you get down to it, both
potential features (entire conf from script, subset from script) can
be accomplished with existing capabilities (run script first, include
from generated file.)

Nevertheless, I can't speak for many others, but if I could write a
line to "grab client/job definitions from this script" within bacula-
dir.conf, I would use it.

--
--Darien A. Hager
[EMAIL PROTECTED]