Hi,

On 3/28/2007 9:32 PM, Lonny Selinger wrote:
>> Lonny,
>>
>> Got it. I had to insert the hostname of the server in the hosts file. though
>> it worked but I still don;t get the fact that  i did give the FQDN while
>> installing the client, but it did not worked.
>> The server name is not given in the fd-conf file of the client right? or is
>> there any other way to verify the server name?
>
> The full definition for the director will be on the client yes :-)  Here's an
> example of just a client fd config file:
>
> Director {
>   Name = not_the_client-dir
>   Password = "whatever"
> }
>
> So the client will try do do a lookup of "not_the_client-dir".

Erm... no.

Unless I'm very mistaken, the client does NOT connect the DIR.

Look into the manual, there is a graphic explaining things... in short,
the DIR connects to the FD and tells the FD to start a job sending to
the SD. The FD connects the SD.

So, the original problem would be solved by ensuring that, from the FD,
the address given in the storage ressource can be reached.

Arno

--
IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]