On Sunday 08 April 2007 05:26, Shaun T. Erickson wrote:
> On 4/7/07, Kern Sibbald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Build from source.  A site that I help administer has an old 7.1 machine
with
> > no CDROM (I removed it to add another hard disk), and I build everything
from
> > source.
>
> Ok. I did that for my RH7.1 and RHLAS2.1AS systems. Shortly, I'll be
> done upgrading the RPMs on my RH9 systems with the RPM Scott provides.
>
> Question: for my Windows Server 2000 boxes, do I uninstall the current
> winbacula client and then install the newer one, or do I install the
> newer one over the current one?

You can do it either way.  Each has its advantages/disadvantage.

If I am not mistaken if you do not uninstall it, the new install will continue
to use your old locations (I'm a bit unsure on this).

After an uninstall, it (version 2.0.3) will install in a new set of locations
that follow Microsoft "standards" -- see the README.  I saved my old conf
file, uninstalled, then installed the new one, then edited the new conf file,
pulling the name and password from my old conf.