There's no reason they cannot use the same pool. They just cannot write
to the same volume concurrently. With a tape device, that would be a
problem because there can only be one volume in the tape drive. However
with a disk device, a volume is a file, so there can be numerous volumes
being written concurrently. One way is to use Maximum Volume Jobs = 1 in
the Pool resource definition. This will cause a new volume (ie. file) to
be used for each job that is run.