On Tuesday 17 April 2007 12:14, Christoffer Osland wrote:

> Den 16. apr. 2007 kl. 11.59 skrev Alan Brown:
>
> > On Sat, 14 Apr 2007, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> >
> >> This decision is motivated by the fact that the number of emails
> >> has grown to
> >> be quite large, and hence to read them all requires a good deal of
> >> time.
> >
> > I think there is a big need for a bacula-newbies list...
> >
> > The same questions do tend to be cropping up repeatedly.
> >

> I (as a newbie) miss a book to read (yes I do have the 750 page pdf).
> A book available through Amazon would help me, and lighten the load
> for the "bacula power-users". A 750 page pdf can be some trouble
> reading on a computer screen.
>
> Or/And what about moving the "something.edu/baculawiki" to
> wiki.bacula.org? (with a disclaimer, if there is legal issues)
>
> By the way: are there any howto's or walkthroughs on getting bacula
> up and running available on bacula.org?
> //Christoffer

When I got started with Bacula a year ago I started from the online manual
(http://www.bacula.org/rel-manual/index.html). I read almost all of it and to
me it was enough to get experimenting and configuring Bacula.

But I agree that it's a good idea to have a wiki with sample configurations
etc.

--
Silver