All,
I want to duplicate a tape volume to another tape volume. Since I only
have one tape drive, I must copy the tape volume to a disk volume and
then copy the disk volume to a duplicate tape.

Question # 1
If I ever need to bscan in the duplicate tape, I want the volume name to
be that of the original input tape volume. Will bcopy accomplish this
for me, or will the resulting duplicate tape volume name be that of the
disk volume?

Question # 2
The one thing that I do not like about bcopy is that it wants you to
actually create the duplicate volumes in the catalog even though there
will be no job records associated with these volumes. Since, I find this
unnecessary and confusing, I am tempted to just use dd to accomplish my
tape duplication task. Since bacula reads files in 32K buffers, I came
up with the following dd command:
dd if=/dev/nst0 of=<volume_name>.img ibs=32k
Will the aforementioned dd command provide me a good dd image that I can
subsequently write to a duplicate tape?

Thanks,
Mike