Hi,

On 5/14/2007 5:04 PM, Naufal Sheikh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i was running bacula and then went on vacations. In the meantime due to
> some error which required human intervention, bacula just got stuck on
> that job and please correct me if I am wrong bacula does not carry on to
> next jobs if it get stuck in case of any error.

Depends... the above is one good reason for allowing multiple concurrent
jobs, and there are configuration directives to limit the time a job can
wait and run before it's automatically cancelled.

All three options might be useful in your situation.

> when I do "list jobs" it
> shows me lot of jobs which haven't been started but are there in the
> list. Should I just cancel them to start the bacula at the point of
> today's schedule?

That depends on what you want, but it's definitely an option.

> I believe otherwise it will first attempt to complete
> all the jobs which had been pending for the past one week first before
> moving on.

Correct, unless configured otherwise.

> This kind of behaviour does not make sense, is there anything
> I am missing?

In the manual, chapter "Configuring the Director", look at the job
resources. You'll find some "Max something Delay" and "Max something
Time" directives. These probably are what you need for the future.

Arno

> If some one can please help.
>
> Regards

> http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/

IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]