On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 22:08:18 +0200
Arno Lehmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 6/4/2007 6:11 PM, Ken Gunderson wrote:
> > On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 12:26:20 +0200
> > Arno Lehmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,

[snip]
> > A couple php based that would make my short list:
> >
> > -e107
> >
> > <http://e107.org/news.php>
>
> That one is unknown to me, I'll give it a look.

About a year ago there was a "competition" for open source cms.  I'm
forgetting the name but the award was several thousand US dollars.  5
finalist were:

Joomla
Drupal
Plone
e107
??? I forget...

It was either Drupal or Joomla that won.  Point being here that e107 is
"up there" with the big boys.  But then again, as you've noted, a full
blown CMS may well be overkill for your objectives.  OTOH, once you've
set one up you leverage a scalable foundation where you can easily add
more features as the need arises.  In the interim, you can disable
those that you don't need.

Ken Gunderson
GPG Key -- 9F5179FD

"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in
the room." - Sir Winston Churchill