Hi,

On 6/7/2007 7:26 PM, Chantal Rosmuller wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> My bacula configuration is not working the way I expect, I hope someone can
> give me a pointer,

I guess I can...

> I want to make a full backup every day, regardless whether there's a
> different
> tape or the same. I use a volume retentio period of 1 hour but when I want to
> backup to the same tape I get the follwoing error:
>
> Volume "DefaultVolume-0014" status is Used, but should be Append, Purged or
> Recycle

This shows that volumes are not recycled.

> This is the pool definition:
>
> Pool {
>   Name = "Default"
>   PoolType = "Backup"
>   Recycle = "yes"
>   AutoPrune = "yes"
>   VolumeRetention = 1 hours
>   AcceptAnyVolume = "yes"
>   LabelFormat = "DefaultVolume-"
>  Use Volume Once = "yes"
> }
>
> the last records of "list media" :
> The status of  DefaultVolume-0014 is "used" but the backup finished more than
> an hour ago, what am I doing wrong here?

You've got
"Use Volume Once = <yes|no>
     This directive if set to yes specifies that each volume is to be
used only once. This is most useful when the Media is a file and you
want a new file for each backup that is done. The default is no (i.e.
use volume any number of times). This directive will most likely be
phased out (deprecated), so you are recommended to use Maximum Volume
Jobs = 1 instead."

Set which effectively disables volume recycling. Remove that directive,
reload the configuration, update the existing volumes from the pool
resource, , and see what happens...

Arno

> Thanks, regards Chantal

IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]