BTW, thanks for the responses!

On 6/27/07, Clyde O Goffe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

OK so I guess the answer is there's no real way to do it all with bacula.
You have to use some outside utility which is kindof a nuisance in terms of
managing your backups.  If bacula had this functionality then I can use
bacula can manage it for me and I can look to bacula for a record of
everything copied off to tape.  With rync and tar I'd have to create a
separate system for managing those tapes.

The workaround for me is run a separate backup of the same data since I
want bacula to manage everything.  This adds more stress to my clients but
if this were implemented I'd only have to worry about stressing my storage
agents because its just a copy of the data from one medium to another.

I've used other enterprise level backup/recovery solutions and they all
seem to have this functionality implemented as having multiple copies of the
same data stored in multiple places is an essential part of any Disaster
Recovery Plan.  I would definitely commit resources to the development of
this feature.

-Clyde