On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 00:11 +0200, Arno Lehmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 25.07.2007 23:54,, Craig White wrote::
> > the 'end_of_backup.sh' script doesn't successfully eject the tape.
> >
> > dmesg says:
> > MTSETDRVBUFFER only allowed for root
>
> This should not matter here.
>
> > bacula log says:
> > 25-Jul 08:27 SRV1: RunAfter: /dev/tape: Permission denied
> > 25-Jul 08:27 SRV1: RunAfter: /dev/tape: Permission denied
>
> Are you sure /dev/tape is the device node for your tape drive?
>
> > # grep bacula /etc/group
> > disk:x:6:root,bacula
> > bacula:x:103:
> >
> > # cat end_of_backup.sh
> > #! /bin/sh
> > /etc/bacula/delete_catalog_backup
> > mt rewind
> > mt eject
> > exit 0
>
> Try lines like 'mt -f /dev/st0 rewind' (perhaps replacing rewind with
> rewoffl or offline) and use the device name you gave in your SD
> configuration.
>
> > # cat /etc/redhat-release
> > CentOS release 4.5 (Final)
> >
> > # rpm -q bacula-mysql
> > bacula-mysql-1.38.5-4
> >
> > How can I solve this short of adding bacula to 'root' group?
>
> Adding the proper permission to the device node?
>
> Knowing which user the SD and the DIR runs as, and the exact
> permissions for your tape device would help, too...
>
> The former can be found out using, for example, ps or top while bacula
> is running, or by looking into the start script.
>
> The latter can be found out by
> ls -l /dev/st* /dev/tape*
> for example.
----
Actually, I had been using /dev/nst0 (which is what I use in bacula-sd)
but I was getting the same message which is why I went back to the
distribution.

# ls -l /dev/nst0
crw-rw----  1 root disk 9, 128 Jul  5 04:38 /dev/nst0

and I have changed end_of_backup.sh
# cat end_of_backup.sh
#! /bin/sh
/etc/bacula/delete_catalog_backup
mt -f /dev/nst0 rewind
mt -f /dev/nst0 eject
#mt rewind
#mt eject
exit 0

and I suppose that we will see tonight but I am certain that this is the
setup that I have been using for the past week and it has never ejected
a tape - and as you can see...the group 'disk' does indeed have rw
privileges on /dev/nst0 and as demonstrated before, the disk group
includes bacula user which is the user running bacula-sd.

# ps aux|grep bacula
bacula   10779  0.0  0.1 39092 1824 ?        Ssl  08:04
0:00 /usr/sbin/bacula-sd -u bacula -g disk -c /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf

--
Craig White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>