On Wednesday 08 August 2007 16:11, John Drescher wrote:
> > I consider it stable, but given that it is a *very* large body of brand
> > new code, we can expect a number of bugs to crop up when it becomes
> > heavily used under varying conditions.  I don't expect any of the bugs to
> > be a show stopper.  I have used it exclusively for at least four months
> > now.
>
> I ask that because at least on my setup with bacula 2.1.22 running bat
> on the same machine as the director causes the director to segfault on
> any query that takes more than a few seconds to execute. One example
> of this is clicking on the joblist (which I have around 6200 completed
> jobs).

This sort of problem is extremely common in new code especially with
relatively large volumes of information.

Well, a *lot* has happened in both Bacula and to bat since version 2.1.22.
Dirk has even put pretty large amount of work into bat since version 2.1.28,
and if I remember right, I have corrected at least one PostgreSQL crash
involving bat and several other minor bugs, so I wouldn't be surprised if
your problem has been resolved.

> I have not had the time to debug this at work because a really
> important software deadline is only a few weeks away. At home where I
> have 2 clients and a few jobs I have not seen this problem.

The best thing to do would be to update to beta 2.1.28 or better yet to the
current SVN and test again.  If it fails, please open a bug report.

Regards,

Kern