Hi,

I need to backup large amounts of data via network to a tape.
When I read the data from a hard drive in the machine directly connected to the
tape drive I get about 50 mb/s which is ok considering the read speed of the
drive.

Now i backup some files over the network without spooling and get about 300
kb/s. If I activate spooling I get 700 kb/s. (Yesterday I got 4 MB/s but this
is still ridiculously low...)
Isn't the storage daemon supposed to wait until all the data is on the hard
drive and then start writing to the tape? This doesn't to be the case at all. A
spool file is created but also the writing to the tape starts at the same time
so writing speed still is very low.

Any idea what might be my mistake?

greets
Werner