No, sorry, it doesn't work. I specified a spool dir (although the working dir
by default) and I specified the maximum size of the spool (although unlimited
by default) but still the tape is written to immediately (while spooling).
Maybe it's because of the old version but I couldn't find anything in the
changelogs also.
I'll post the relevant parts of my config:
The job:
Job {
        Name = maxtor
        Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/maxtor.bsr"
        Client = debian-fd
        Type = Backup
        Level = Full
        Pool = Default
        Storage = Tape
        FileSet = maxtor-fs
        Messages = Standard
        Spool Data = yes
        Spool Attributes = yes
}
The tape device:
Autochanger {
        Name = SuperLoader3
        Device = Drive-1
        Changer Device = /dev/sg2
        Changer Command = "/etc/bacula/scripts/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
}
Device {
        Name = Drive-1
        Archive Device = /dev/st0
        Device Type = Tape
        Media Type = LTO3
        Autochanger = Yes
        Always Open = Yes
        Removable media = Yes
        Random access = No
        Requires Mount = No
        Spool Directory = "/var/lib/bacula"
        Maximum Spool Size = 11759496889
        Maximum Job Spool Size = 11759496889 # 10GB
}