Hi Martin,

On Friday 17 August 2007 04:46:24 pm you wrote:
> > where x.x.x.227 is client's external NIC address, x.x.x.136 is bacula
> > server's external address; 192.168.0.{253,200} are the corresponding
> > private addresses. As you can see, while fd daemon on client has indeed
> > been bound to the private address, it still uses external one for
> > communicating with sd daemon on the remote bacula server. I've been
> > through all configuration options to no avail. Unfortunately, binding sd
> > on the server to private net only is not an option since it also has
> > numerous other clients configured, that are only accessible via external
> > net (desktop boxes all around the building, etc). Is there any solution?
> > I am running bacula 1.36.1.
>
> The FD is told to connect to the "Address" from the Director's Storage
> resource, so maybe you can set that to something that resolves to the
> internal network on the dual-NIC clients?

AFAIK, in this case SD will always attempt to connect via internal network
upon request from any clients and that won't work for (the majority of) my
clients that are on external network. I am assuming there is no way to
specify multiple aliases for the same Storage resource in bacula-dir.conf,
but with different Addresses. Anyway, such setting clearly belongs to
client's configuration, so I consider it a bug. FD should ensure that all of
its communications with other daemons go exclusively through the network
address specified in its conf file (if any). But I have no clue how to
implement this since current bacula networking model obviously contradicts.

Cheers,
Ivan

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only
for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983
and properly dispose of this information.