> > I use the client's hosts file to take care of directing the client to
> > the right address.
>
> This does not work for SD. There is no way to tell file client on which host
> SD resides. There is no such configuration option for FD. It gets this
> information from director and I can't configure director and SD on the server
> to only listen on internal interface because the majority of clients are on
> external network and they won't be able to reach SD in that case. If you
> think it works for you then grab tcpdump and check for yourself - it does
> not. FD indeed will connect via configured interface but then it will also
> connect to SD on whatever hostname/interface *SD* has in its configuration
> file and will proceed sending all file data and attributes via this
> interface, not the first one. Only commands exchange protocol between FD and
> the director will be carried over the FD-configured interface.
>
> The only way to prevent this behavior as I see it is to add static routes on
> both internal network client and DIR/SD server to route all traffic to/from
> external interface to internal one transparently for bacula services. For
> this to work I would also need to enable routing on both machines and
> reconfigure firewall on DIR/SD server. Not an elegant solution by any
> means...

The Director tells the FD the hostname of the SD. You put the hostname
of the SD into the hosts file of the computer the FD is running on. When
the client computer resolves the hostname of the SD it will check the
hosts file first to see which address to connect to.
--
Kenny Dail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>