Hi,

I have upgraded to bacula installation on our old RedHat 8.0 server to version
2.2.0 recently. It was built from sources with MySQL support enabled
(including batch inserts). MySQL version installed is 3.23.58. Now I am
getting the following errors when bacula attempts to despool file attributes
data to database:

26-Aug 09:28 rosalind-sd: Committing spooled data to Volume "Chromosome0003".
Despooling 241,852,094,775 bytes ...
26-Aug 13:26 rosalind-sd: Despooling elapsed time = 03:58:39, Transfer rate =
16.89 M bytes/second
26-Aug 13:28 rosalind-sd: Sending spooled attrs to the Director. Despooling
222,747,250 bytes ...
26-Aug 13:29 rosalind-dir: fantom-dataOut.2007-08-25_15.36.23 Fatal error:
Can't fill Path table Query failed: INSERT INTO Path (Path)         SELECT
a.Path FROM              (SELECT DISTINCT Path             FROM batch) AS a

WHERE NOT EXISTS                (SELECT Path                      FROM Path
AS p                WHERE p.Path = a.Path)     : ERR=You have an error in
your SQL syntax near 'SELECT DISTINCT Path             FROM batch) AS a

WHERE NOT EXISTS    ' at line 1

It looks like director tries to use nested query here, which is not supported
in MySQL 3.x. Is there any way to build bacula 2.2.0 with support for MySQL
3.x? There used to be a ./configure option for that but it is gone in 2.2.0.

Thanks,
Ivan