> Happy to test. I have the *flakiest* installation of Exchange one can
> have and still have it work. ;-) So if the backup and restore works
> on this box, it'll work anywhere.

:)

> The bonus is it's a quasi production system - meaning it works, but
> doesn't matter if all things are lost. A perfect test bed.

Perfect.

Exchange is pretty good in that you have to manually set a database as
'can be overwritten by a restore' before it will actually write over it.

I have now upgraded to 2.2.0 (now that the Debian packages are out) and
tested in a production system a backup (now part of my nightly backup)
and then a restore into the 'Recovery Storage Group' (need 2.2.0 to do
the regexwhere). I'll leave it go a few nights to try and catch any
memory leaks or anything, and fix a little bug where the restore
completes on the client, but doesn't properly tell the director about
it, so the director eventually times out and marks the job as failed.
Once I've fixed that and added some documentation, I'll put another test
release up.

Other things still to do:
. Test incremental and differential backups (should work but untested)
. Test restores of the above (probably won't work)
. Really properly handle errors better - almost certainly leaves
resources open currently, and certainly doesn't tell the director about
them properly (very cryptic messages)
. Get MD5/SHA and GZIP working

James